Reported but not confirmed crashes
- Crash when quicksaving a CPU-heavy (or memory-heavy?) patch (50+ units).
- Grain Stretch > grain rendering is not respecting slice boundaries.
- After X hours, sample playback glitches (reported but not confirmed on my end yet but seems to be power supply related).
- Discontinuous playback when playing unit shares buffer with another recording unit (play/record head leapfrog bug).
- Occasional buffer over-runs when recording to a class 10 card.
- Sample Player wave display sometimes does not reflect newly recorded content of a shared buffer. (see Forum: Question about looper/recorders and sample players with shared buffers)
- Input resampling algorithm has aliasing artifacts.
- scope traces draw outside of border
- frequency display on gate/trig parameters sporadically shows incorrect value
- short triggers do not show up on the bicolor LEDs (frame rate aliasing)
- Mono subchains of stereo chains do not show signals on scope if 2nd channel is selected.
|| The majority of the requests listed here were compiled from requests made by users over at the forum.
|| Please do not purchase the ER-301 only because of something(s) on this list because there is a risk that I might not get all of these features implemented in a time-frame that is useful to you. I will work hard (but not to the point where I destroy my health or my love for modular) and hopefully the upcoming SDK will alleviate some of this time risk but it is still a very real possibility that some of the items on this list will never be realized.
/_ \'. __..-' , ,--...--'''
<\ .`--''' ` /' in-progress
`-';' ; ; ;
__...--'' ___...--_..' .;.'
- hold mode
- scope mode (aka bird's eye view)
- polyphonic sampler
- cherry-picking from list below
|\ | |
/, ~\ / /
X `-.....-------./ /
~-. ~ ~ | definitely
\ / |
\ /_ ___\ /
| /\ ~~~~~ \ |
| | \ || |
| |\ \ || )
(_/ (_/ ((_/
- see thread.
- with custom controls
- gift local parameters to all units
- replace global chains with global parameters
- custom ranges for faders
- control for stereo audio input
- control for integers
- provide custom unit's input as a local source
- expose internal unit state to (downstream) chains
- Promote/demote controls on embedded units to the parent custom unit.
- Hide controls that are used for implementation only. Differentiation between UI and implementation.
- User-configurable parameter ranges.
- user bookmarking of specific values for quick selection of often used values (via shift+encoder)
- on the spot adjustment of knob sensitivity
- on the spot adjustment of parameter ranges
- parameter recall via stack semantics (push and pop)
- combine L/R faders and use channel select buttons to determine L vs R vs LR
- numeric entry of parameters
- drag unit to new position (see thread)
- include user unit presets in the unit choooser in a natural way
- AIFF support
- remap Gx and INx when loading a chain preset into a different channel
- Clearly display buffer/sample assignment in units that have them.
- Customize unit selection screen via configuration file (see thread)
- Tween GUI animations against wall clock instead of frame clock
- Replace/Swap Unit command
- tuning info
- adjustable time and amplitude scales
- implement restore points (copies of files that were changed by the firmware update)
- add scripts to be executed before and after the installation
- shareable packaging
- extensions: *.cha, *.uni, *.pro
- list what failed to load (samples, units, slices)
- Endless quicksaves
- Quicksave folders
- Global slicing vs local slicing.
- many slice files for one audio file
- many audio files for one slice file
- learn function for slice selection
- support for WAV cue chunks (see thread)
- JSON/XML formatted files
- vertical zoom
- ops: rename, delete, move
- package preset
- layering looper (see thread)
- variable speed recording
- pedal Looper > double loop length
- speed control
- more monitoring options
- half speed
- loop volume level
- option to begin overdubbing immediately after first record pass.
- looping mode w/ cv-control of loop start(offset) and length
- multiple sample buffers
- next slice trigger
- more slice types (bounce, jump, random)
- sampled instrument player (i.e. keymapped ADSR samples, sfz files)
- drum kit player (i.e. multiple one-shots in parallel)
- Offer to purge unused samples when sample memory is full. (see thread)
- end of slice trigger (see thread)
- end of slice fade
- play to end of sample even in sliced mode (see thread)
- add/remove channels
- specialize mixer into 3 types: insertion, layering, song (see forum post)
- add custom controls
Clocking and Timing
- snap and recall tempo for Tap Tempo
- clock multiplier
- clock divider
- 1V/oct to period converter
1V/oct --> Any Oscillator Unit (1V/oct) --> Period-o-meter
- freeze/reverse via gate input
- non-pitched delay adjustments
- CV-able feedback amount
- alternate pitch-shifter via dual delay-lines and Doppler effect
- more waveforms
- sinc-based pulse-trains
- more peaks (or specialized formant filter?)
- add resonant band pass
Lookup Table (LUT)
- quantize to user scale
- wave folding
- response curves
- load/save as WAV
- Window Unit: specialization of LUT for soft selection operations (see post)
- basically looper optimized for very short loops with pitch/loudness normalization
- user sets start and stop points in a source sample
- (user-assisted) pitch normalization of each wavetable/loop
- (user-assisted) loudness normalization of each wavetable/loop
- morph between multiple wavetables/loops
- phase modulation
- offset modulation
- user saves the state of a unit as a special preset that will be used whenever instantiating the unit
- button bounce time
- default delay max time
- default fade time
- flash message time
- zoom step for wave displays
- common default parameter values (mixer gain, VCA level, etc.)
- command messages broadcast or sent to specific units
- example: clear buffer to all loopers
- command generation unit that will emit a set of commands when a trigger is received
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-' eventually
- slow random source
- simple step sequencer
- digital waveguide synthesis (wind and string models)
- (experimental) data-driven multitap delay: real-time onset detectors feed clock and feedback amount
- (experimental) non-linear oscillator (driven oscillations)
- (experimental) automatic loop/wavetable clustering